This book is just... So good. I don't understand why I've seen so many negative and mixed reviews about it.Yes, The Bone Season gets off to a bit of a slow start. Yes, there's A LOT going on. Maybe a little too much at times.but I enjoyed every second of it.
What I liked about it( and by liked I mean FREAKING LOVED):
- -The intense amount of world-building
- - The main character Paige. It took me a while to warm to her but by the end of the book I got quite attached to her.
- -Warden. Warden.Warden. He's so complex and mysterious and we learn so much about him in this book but I can't help but hope that we'll lean even more about him in the second book.Also, Paige's relationship with him is very complicated but every moment they shared together were priceless. In most reviews I've read, people didn't care for the romance and thought it came out suddendly but I guess I must come from another planet because I thought the opposite. I thought the building up of the relationship was perfecion and the evolution of their relationship happened very slowly, step by step.
- - The writting. It took me a while to get used to it, about 100 pages but once I got into it, I was addicted.
- -The cover( so beautiful and sooooooo soft....what can I say,I love soft cover) and the book itself, the map, this bookis so well together. And I know, I know...never judge a book by it's cover bit isn't it amazing when a great story comes in a beauiful package?!
The Bone Season was an engaging book and I'm dying for thr next book. Also, I will now read everything S.S. releases from now on. This is the beginning of a beautiful relationship( a little bit one sided....I'll admit) that will last forever. Unless she decides to kill Warden, then I'll erase her name from my mind FFFFFOOOOORRRRREEEEVVVEEEERRRRRRR.